Sleep, wake, repeat. Read all about how our friends optimize their surroundings, unwind, and relax the mind for a good night—every night.
We sat down with Jaimie Harris, the founder of This is J, a line of fashionable and functional loungewear, pajamas & accessories, to talk about her nightly bedtime rituals.
1. Double, Queen, or King?
King bed all the way! With three kids at home that love to jump into bed with us, we need all the space we can get.
2. Why is a good night’s sleep important to you?
It definitely sets the tone for a good day. I’m more productive when I get a good night’s sleep. With that said, life is busy and an early bedtime can be hard to come by in my house.
3. How many hours of sleep do you get a night—or at least dream of getting?
I get 6-7 on average, but dream of 8-10.
4. Are you a dreamer?
It comes in waves for me. Very much impacted by what’s going on in my life and my dreams are often an interesting jumble of very old memories and new experiences.
5. What’s currently on your bedside table?
A stack of magazines, a notepad, and a necklace my son made me.
6. Do you partake in any nightly routine before settling into bed?
Changing into my Bamboo Jammers signals my shift from day to night. It sometimes starts as early as the minute I get home from work. It’s all about relaxation and shedding the weight of the day for me and that all starts with a comfy pair of PJs.
7. Tell us about where the magic happens—and by magic, we mean sleep. How do you optimize your sleep environment?
Good pillows, soft sheets, and cozy PJs are a must for me.
8. If you feel a restless night coming on, is there anything you do to help get you through the night without waking?
It’s the worst when you feel that coming on! I’ll take a warm shower before bed, try to avoid screens, and make a list of everything I have to do the next day to try and clear my head before bed.
9. What kind of pillows do you use to keep your head in the clouds?
I have a bamboo foam pillow that I love because it’s contoured to my neck and I also enjoy a soft pillow when I want a cozier option.
10. Last but not least, what is your number one piece of can’t-sleep-without advice?
I cannot sleep without my Bamboo Jammers! We’ve been making our ultra-soft & moisture wicking pajamas for almost 20 years and I feel the difference in my sleep when I wear them. They are the definition of relaxation for me.